Sugar Free Vegan Homemade Popsicles
I love popsicles. But when you read the ingredients label it will shock you at the high sugar count and artificial ingredients. So we started to experiment with making our own homemade popsicles. Here’s a great homemade popsicles recipe my kids love, and they don’t even realize they are eating healthy. We even eat them for breakfast sometimes!
Blueberry Homemade Popsicles
1 Cup Frozen Organic Blueberries
1 Cup Frozen Organic Strawberries
1-2 Cups Unsweetened Almond Milk (You can substitute other types of milk alternatives-soy, rice milk)
Popsicle Form (or paper cups with wooden popsicle sticks or plastic forks)
Homemade Popsicles Instructions:
1. Add blueberries, strawberries and 1 Cup Almond Milk into blender. I use a Vitamix but any blender should work.
2. Blend to desired consistency adding more milk slowly as needed to smooth out the mixture. It will be pretty thick and a little bit clumpy.
3. Pour mixture into homemade popsicles forms. I have seen these homemade popsicles forms at the dollar store and the local grocery. If you don’t have them you could use a paper cup with a wooden popsicle stick or even a plastic fork.
4. Be sure to fill all the way to the top.
5. Insert popsicle handles or stick/fork in paper cups.
6. Freeze for 1 or more hours. These will be good in the freezer for about a week. Cover with saran if using a cup.
7. To thaw, run the container under warm water for about 30 seconds to loosen from the form.
8. Eat and Enjoy!
Would love to try your favorite homemade popsicles recipes. Feel free to share those in the comments. Hope you enjoy being sneaky in getting your kids to eat more fruit:)